sexta-feira, 12 de abril de 2013

When God winks at me :)



After reading "Wide Sargasso Sea" by Jean Rhys, I felt the need of reading books in English to improve my reading skills, after all, I was not studying ESL anymore and I had to enjoy reading a book. I had been in a regular English class with American students, so I should be able to read books now. But I should start from something light, not that classic, and at the same time inspirational - or motivational, since I would have to read it from the beginning to the end.

So, what happened to me was an interesting - and inspirational - story. I drove all the way to Michigan City,IN to find a book called When God Winks at You. I have never had heard about it. I was not thinking about buying a Christian book, but this one made me think from the back cover where it said "Those extraordinary little events in your life happen for a reason. A coincidence - sometimes a silly little thing - changes the course of your day...or even your life. Is it chance, is it luck, or is God communicating with you?"

Yes. I had to get this one. Not just because of what it said, but because I had to read something, something that would bring me not just the English reading practice, but also the inspirational touch, that motivational ingredient that I was so needy for being along for such a long time. Maybe being and feeling so far from God was the main reason. And I knew it was my fault. I had to do something. And I would start from this light and pretty collection of real touching stories that touched me as well. 
"For intermediate readers like me - I consider myself in this category :) - it was an awesome experience. Squire Rushnell writes in a very simple and understandable way that makes easier the reading process. I didn't have to use the dictionary in every page but I had to use it for specific words - who doesn't? I like books that make you feel hungry - for reading. And this one is like that. You just feel like reading it till the end. And it was a blessing :)"


"How God speaks directly to you through the power of coincidence"
 is such a real and vivid book that I'm glad I read. And I'm glad I also already knew that sometimes 'coincidences' are God making us realize He is there. He is always there. Was and Will. And we just need to give Him a chance to be with us because the only thing we can give Him back after everything He has done for us is to believe. Have faith. And that is what I need and what all of us need. To Believe.

After reading the book, I realized that finding this book in a different state, where I just stopped to grab something to eat and Never went back after that, was a really huge coincidence. Or I should say... a Godwink. Yes. It was.

Colton Nixon has an amazing song that says that God was NEVER gone.




NEVER GONE
Lights off, a shot in the dark
We get lost when we're playing a part
We lay blame like we know what's best
It's a shame...
We break when we fall too hard
Lose faith when we're torn apart
Don't say you're too far gone
It's a shame
It's a shame
There's space between our lives
Hard to face, but I know we try
To revive, bring it back to life
Don't walk away
Don't walk away
I'm still standing here
No I didn't disappear
Now the lights are on
See I was never gone
I let go of your hand
To help you understand
With you all along
Yeah, I was never gone
I never ever left you
Never ever left you, no.



Try reading this book and let me know what you think about it.

Good luck! And God bless :)

*What do you think about my post in English?
* Did I have a lot of mistakes? Please, leave your suggestion of how I can improve my blog and my English! Thank you for stopping by :)


2 comentários:

  1. Depois de ler o seu post fui olhar o livro e comprei na Amazon. Chegou em casa há 2 dias e já comecei a ler e entendo porque você gostou. A leitura é uma delícia e faz a gente repensar muito sobre o nosso relacionamento com Deus. É algo tão pessoal! Obrigada pela dica!

    ResponderExcluir